ILGE 2010 Post-mortem: Engine Troubles over Tentacle Planet

Progress

I have made very little progress since the last report, mainly due to the little time that was available to me. Only two things were done:

  1. The source code was cleaned up a little.
  2. A windows binary was made (OpenGL only).

In the short term I will not work on ETOTP anymore but perhaps for ILGE 2011 or another challenge or expo I'll continue where I left off.

What Went Right

What Went Wrong

What I Learned

Source & Binary

The source code and the Windows binary are available here http://www.aerique.net/software/etotp/.

I have not given the source code its separate GitHub repository since it will be added to Okra.

Linux Dependencies

ECL (10.4.1) configured "--with-cxx". (Feel free to try without it, I haven't.)

Debian: libogre-dev libois-dev ogre-plugins-cgprogrammanager

Windows Dependencies

I develop on Linux but the build is checked and tested on Windows using MinGW and MSYS. Either MSYS 1.10 or 1.11 was used, it doesn't really matter. The MinGW release that was used is TDM-GCC 4.4.1 but I see there's a 4.5.0 release out now.

Ogre SDK 1.6.1 for MinGW (there's no later 1.6.x SDK for MinGW). You can try the 1.7.x SDK for MinGW since the Ogre API is pretty stable, but I can make no guarantees that it will work.